Step by step guide to make Broccoli Paratha, an Indian-inspired flatbread with the goodness of broccoli. This Paratha is great with just yogurt and some pickles. To make this a complete meal, serve it with a healthy salad and some wholesome dal.
Follow us on Pinterest for delicious pins.
Broccoli Paratha is a soft paratha made by adding shredded broccoli and spices. This is a great way to include Broccoli in your diet. Also, i call this green paratha whenever it s on the menu, just so that the little Miss eats it.
There is only thing to remember if you want to make a mean broccoli paratha. Make sure that you roll out the parathas and cook them as soon as you knead the dough. These parathas taste best when served hot.
Shall we now check how to Broccoli Paratha step by step?
Chop broccoli into florets. Blanch them in hot water. Drain completely. Make sure there s no water. Once done, shred this finely using a shredder or mince this along with garlic, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and mix well using a whisk.
Now, add wheat flour,salt and finely chopped onions to bowl. Add the shredded broccoli and mix again. Begin kneading the dough by sprinkling water little by little. Knead until you have a smooth dough. DO NOT USE MORE WATER. The broccoli releases water eventually and will help in kneading the dough.
Once done, divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Shape each portion into a ball. Flatten the ball into a thick disk. Dust with flour and roll into parathas that are approximately 2mm thick. Do not be tempted to make thin parathas.
When this is done, heat a tawa. Cook the paratha on each side till golden spots begin to appear. Flip, smear oil and cook for 20 secs each side. Remove and drain on a kitchen towel. Repeat the rolling and cooking for the remaining dough.
Recipe For Broccoli Paratha
Broccoli Paratha Recipe
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- ¼ cup very finely chopped onion
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1.5 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Water for kneading
- 2 tablespoon Oil for cooking the paratha
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling hot water.
- Drain completely. ( see notes)
- Place this in a shredder along with the spice powders and garlic and shred finely.
- Place the wheat flour, salt and onions in a large bowl.
- Add shredded broccoli mixture to the flour and mix well.
- Sprinkle water little by little and knead into a smooth dough.
- The dough will be a little sticky.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball.
- Flatten the ball into a disc.
- Dust with flour.
- Roll into 2 mm thick parathas.
- Heat a tawa.
- Place the rolled paratha and cook till golden spots appear on both sides, flipping now and then.
- Smear oil on both sides and cook the paratha again, flipping sides.
- Remove from tawa and serve hot with yogurt and pickles.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.