How To Make Squash Soup With Asian Flavors?
SQUASH SOUP WITH ASIAN FLAVORS- BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH THAI FLAVORS. VEGAN. GF.
This squash soup with Asian flavors was our dinner a couple of days ago. We are not soup people. Nope. Not one bit. But then this squash soup was an exception. All of us in the house were down with a nasty cold and no matter what we did, we could not work up an appetite for normal food. It is usually during these times that i resort to soups as meals.
I was simply not in the mood for a tomato soup and the husband man did not want anything with starch. And in the end, we both agreed something mid way which was this squash soup. Now, this squash soup is a delicate blend of flavors and is perfect for a chilly night. It is vegan, gluten free and gets done in 15 mins flat. No one can say no to such an easy meal, can they?
Although the recipe is pretty much straight forward, i thought of sharing how to make this squash soup with step by step pictures. As such, i used only a small pressure pan to make this. In case you intend to make a large batch of this soup, feel free to double the ingredients and use a bigger pan.
Shall we now check how to make this Squash Soup with Asian Flavors step by step?
Heat a small pressure pan with 2 teaspoon olive oil. Add garlic to this and once the garlic browns, add finely chopped onions. Fry till light brown. Once done, add the chopped butternut squash and carrots. Mix well. Add the red chili powder and turmeric along with salt. Stir once.
Now, add 1.5 cups of water along with the lemon grass and lime leaves. Add some freshly cracked white pepper. Mix well. Close and pressure cook for 5 mins. Once done, let the pressure drop on its own. Once done, open and discard the lemon grass and lime leaves. Blend the mixture to a smooth puree using an immersion blender.
Return the pan to the flame. Add thin coconut milk and simmer just for a minute. Serve hot with more freshly cracked white pepper.
Your Squash soup with Asian Flavors is ready.
Recipe For Squash Soup With Asian Flavors
- Butternut squash peeled and cubed ¾ c
- Carrot 1 large peeled and sliced
- Onion 1 large finely sliced
- Garlic 5 to 6 cloves
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Lemon grass stalk 1
- Lime leaves 2 to 3
- Thin coconut milk ½ c
- Freshly cracked white pepper 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil 2 teaspoon
- Heat a pressure pan with olive oil.
- Add garlic and once brown, add onions.
- Fry till transparent.
- Now, add squash and carrot pieces along with chili and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Add 1.5 cups water, salt, lemon grass and lime leaves along with freshly cracked white pepper.
- Close and pressure cook for 5 mins,
- Once done, let pressure drop on its own.
- When done, open and discard lemon grass and lime leaves.
- Now, blend this to a smooth puree using an immersion blender.
- Return pan to flame.
- Add thin coconut milk and simmer for just one minute.
- Serve hot with more freshly cracked white pepper.