During my initial days in Singapore, weekly meal planning on Sunday is what kept me sane during the whole week. A new place, zero help and a baby around is like a recipe for disaster. The minimum that I could to have some control over my life was to plan all my meals.
So, every Sunday, I used to painstakingly chop all the veggies, cook lentils in bulk, soak the beans and prep the smoothie combinations for the week ahead.
Having done that for a very long time, I have become wiser and more confident than I have ever been when it comes to meal prep. Last week, I spoke with my friend Mitra on an Instagram Live session about meal planning. I even shared a few tips there. Check out the video here.
While weekly meal prep and I are inseparable, recording each meal plan in the form of a blog post is a tad tedious, considering that life always seems to happen over the weekend. I had some free time yesterday and decided to share this week’s meal plan.
Among other things, the recipe for cooking short grained brown rice, a creamy vegan Dahl and a hearty broccoli soup feature on this meal plan. Zucchini is our star vegetable this week. So, now you have enough ideas for that summer zucchini.
This week’s meal plan
Breakfast- A slice of vegan zucchini bread+ green tea
Dinner- Summer pasta salad
Breakfast- Mixed berry overnight oats
Dinner- Singapore Noodles
Breakfast- Hard boiled eggs topped with Chimichurri, toast and coffee
Lunch- Rotis and Bhindi Do Pyasa
Dinner- Instant Pot Broccoli Almond Soup
Breakfast- Carrot milk and toast
Dinner- Rava Kichdi + Yogurt
Breakfast- Mango green smoothie
Dinner- Moong Dal Cheela
On Sunday evening,
- freeze fruits for smoothie- Combine mango, zucchini and spinach in a freezer-safe silicon bag. Freeze till ready to use.
- hard-boil eggs, allow them to cool and store them unpeeled in the fridge.
- make the dressing for the pasta salad.
- bake the zucchini bread, allow it to cool, slice and store them in an air tight container in the fridge.
- blend the Chimichurri sauce and store in a clean sterilized glass jar.
On Monday night,
- prep the overnight oats.
- make Kulcha dough, wrap in cling wrap and place in an air-tight container. Store in the fridge.
- Chop all veggies for the noodles except the onions and garlic.
On Tuesday night,
- knead dough for Rotis.
- chop broccoli and okra.
On Wednesday night,
- Make the carrot milk and chill in the fridge.
- chop zucchini and veggies for Kichadi.
On Thursday night,
- Soak for Moong Dal Cheela and grind the batter. Refrigerate.
- Chop the field beans.
Printable Meal Plan+ Grocery List
Get your printable copy of this week’s meal plan and the grocery list here.