How To Make A No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake And A Mini Strawberry Cheesecake?
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake, an easy dessert made with fresh strawberries and cream cheese. Dessert Recipes.
No bake strawberry cheesecake is a delicious dessert that can be made in small jars and served easily. When i first heard of a cheesecake, i was not impressed. Honestly. I could not come to terms with something salty like cheese in a cake but little did i know back then that cream cheese is not salty and that a cheesecake translates literally to heaven in the world of foodie folks like me. I had my first taste of a no bake strawberry cheesecake while in college. I liked it but i did not fall in love with it. There is a difference between liking and loving, right? Right. So, how did i fall in love with this no bake strawberry
cheesecake. I have no clue. But suddenly one day, i craved a cheesecake and i knew it had to have strawberries in them. And from there on, i have not looked back at my no bake strawberry cheesecake journey.
This no bake strawberry cheesecake is a combination of delicious things like strawberries, cream, cream cheese and a cookie crust that is assembled in a jar. I wanted to make a mini cheesecake this time and so i used my dessert ring to make a mini no bake strawberry cheesecake. I have included the pictures to show how a mini no bake strawberry cheesecake is done. In case you dont have a dessert ring, use any cookie cutter that is deep enough to create the layers. And make sure you use a firm flat plate to make the mini cheesecake version. This recipe calls for agar agar, a vegetarian version of gelatin. However, you can use gelatin in place of the same and achieve the same results. However, if you choose to use gelatin, please use only 3/4 tsp of gelatin for this recipe. Shall we now check how to make no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe step by step?
Step By Step Instructions For No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
Assemble all the ingredients- Biscuits or cookies of choice for the crust ( I used oreo here and scooped out the cream in between. I needed about 12 biscuits here.), cream cheese, butter, sugar, etc. Wash the strawberries in water and hull them. Set aside.
Melt butter in the microwave. In a blender, add the cookies and sugar and blend to a slightly coarse powder.
Transfer the powdered cookie mix to a bowl and add the melted butter to this. Mix until crumbly. This is going to be our crust for the no bake strawberry cheesecake.
To make the mini cheesecake, take a flat plate and place the dessert ring in the center. Holding the ring with one hand, place about 2 tbsp of the cookie mixture at the base of the ring and press down firmly using a spoon. Place this in the fridge for 15 mins to firm up. To make the cheesecake in a jar, place 2 tbsp of the cookie mixture on to the bottom of the jar and press firmly using a spoon. Refrigerate for 10 to 15 mins to set.
While the crust is getting done, let s make our cheesecake filling. Place the strawberries , sugar,vanilla and cream cheese in a blender and blend till smooth. Add the full cream next to the mixture and blend again to a smooth puree.
In a bowl, combine the agar agar and 1 tbsp water until smooth. Add this to the blender along with strawberry cream cheese mixture and blend well.
Once done, remove the firmed up cookie crust jars and dessert ring from the fridge and pour the cheesecake filling till 3/4th full in the ring and the jar. I made 3 cheesecake jars and one mini cheesecake with the amount of filling and cookie crust mentioned here. Once done, place the filled up jars and the mini cheesecake in the fridge for 6 hours to set completely. I placed my mini cheesecake in freezer for about 20 mins before i removed it from the mould. You can also do the same.
Now, your no bake strawberry cheesecake is ready.
Recipe For No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe With Step by Step Tutorial
- Oreo cookies 12
- Butter 2 tbsp melted
- Sugar 1/2 c plus 1/4 cup
- Cream cheese 1/2 package or about 130 g
- Full cream 120 g
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp
- Strawberries 15 to 17 hulled
- Agar agar powder 1.5 tsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Dessert ring 1 for mini cheesecake
- Glass jars to assemble the cheesecake
- Place the oreo cookies and 1/4 sugar in a blender and blend to a powder.
- Add melted butter to this and mix until crumbly.
- Place 2 tbsp of this crumbly cookie mixture in the bottom of the glass jars and press down firmly with a spoon.
- Place in the fridge for 15 mins.
- In the meanwhile, combine strawberries, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a blender and blend till smooth.
- To this, add the cream and blend again.
- Combine 1.5 tsp agar and 1 tbsp cold water and mix well.
- Add this to the cream cheese and strawberry mixture and mix well.
- Take the jars with the set cookie crust and pour the filling into the jars until 3/4 th full.
- Place the jars in the fridge for 6 hours to set completely.
- To make a mini cheesecake, place a dessert ring on a flat plate.
- Holding the ring firmly. spoon 2 tbsp cookie mixture into the ring and press down with a spoon.
- Set in the fridge for 15 till firm.
- Once done, pour cheesecake filling into the ring until 3/4th full.
- Place the ring in the fridge for 6 hours to set completely.
- Stick the mini cheesecake in the freezer for 15 mins before serving.
I removed the filling in the cookies for this.
Frozen strawberries work well here.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.
Need not have to boil the agar agar and water to dissolve it before adding into the cheese mixture
Hi Carol if you are using agar powder, then you needn’t boil it with water
Thank you Sowmya. The jars are from India. I bought them for 25 rs each when I was in Vadodara
yum yum…awesome pictures..
Thank you very much Shanthi.