Step By Step Instructions on How To Make All Purpose Pizza Dough
Recipe For All Purpose Pizza Dough
All Purpose Pizza Dough Recipe -Yeast Bread Recipes
- All purpose flour 2 c approx 225 g when weighed
- Instant yeast 1.5 tsp or Active dry yeast 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Olive oil 3 tbsp+ 1 tbsp
- Warm water 3/4 c
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, yeast and water. Give a good stir and let stand until frothy. Now in another large mixing bowl place flour and salt and whisk thoroughly
- Make a well in the center of this flour mix and add 3 tbsp oil and yeast mixture.
- Combine to make a shaggy mass of dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work space and knead gently until smooth and elastic.
- If you find the dough too sticky sprinkle a little more flour but not more than 3 tbsp.
- Now use the remaining oil to grease another bowl which can accommodate the doubled dough and place the kneaded dough in it
- Cover with a cling wrap and let rise till double in volume.
- You may also add the yeast directly to the dough along with the salt and sugar without mixing it in water and letting it froth
- Once the dough doubles divide into two.
- Shape into a circle and gently roll to a thick disc of nine inches.
- Preheat oven to 220 c.
- Transfer the rolled dough onto a greased baking stone or pizza tray
- Gently press down to spread the dough evenly all over.
- Make dents with a fork and bake in the preheated oven for 5 mins.
- Once done you can use it to make pizza straight away or freeze for later.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.