How To Make Bread Koftas In Pumpkin Gravy?
Bread Koftas In Pumpkin Gravy – A delicious and Kid friendly Pumpkin gravy with koftas made of bread.
Note: This post was originally published in October 2011. This has now been updated with fresh recipe cards and pictures.
Bread Koftas in Red Pumpkin Gravy
Pumpkin in this recipe
Choice of bread
Cooking the koftas:
If you are looking for other similar dishes, then do check out
Follow me on Instagram or Facebook for regular cooking updates and short videos. Follow me on Pinterest for delicious content. Tried our Bread Kofta in Pumpkin Gravy recipe? Loved it? Then please rate this recipe and leave a comment.
In case you have any questions regarding this recipe, leave a comment and i ll respond at the earliest possible. If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it, click a picture and share it on instagram by tagging us @tomatoblues.
Recipe For Bread Koftas In Pumpkin Gravy
Bread Koftas In Red Pumpkin Curry
For The Koftas
- 3 slices Brown bread
- 1.5 to 2 tablespoon Curd Start with 1.5 tablespoon and add more only if required.
- Coriander leaves chopped fine 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies chopped fine 2
For the Pumpkin gravy
- Onion 1 big grated
- Tomato 1 large pureed
- Pumpkin 150 g chopped into cubes or 1 cup
- Turmeric powder a large pinch
- Garam Masala 1 teaspoon
- Dhania powder 1 and ½ teaspoon
- Chilli powder 1 and ½ teaspoon
- Jeera Powder 1 and ½ teaspoon
- Curd ¼ cup whisked well
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Boiled peas ¼ cup
Making the Pumpkin Gravy
- Pressure cook the pumpkin for 1 whistle. Drain and let it cool. In a mixer, blend the pumpkin without water to a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a kadai, heat oil. Add the onions and saute them till light brown. Now, add all the spice powders along with the turmeric powder and combine well.
- Saute for a minute or 2. Add the pureed tomato and mix well. Saute till oil separates.
- Next, add the pumpkin puree . Mix well and simmer on low for 2 to 3 mins.
- Now, add the boiled peas and simmer again for 3 to 4 mins.
- Switch off the flame. Add the whisked yogurt. Mix well. Put it back on low flame, simmer for 30 secs. Switch off immediately. Do not simmer the mixture for a long time after adding the yogurt.
- Set aside.
Making The Koftas
- Remove the crust from the bread and soak it in the curd for 20 mins.
- After it is soaked completely, add the chillies, cilantro and the salt and mix well. Make marble size balls of it and steam in a steamer for 10 mins or microwave for 30 secs.
- How to serve?
- Drop the koftas in the curry and mix gently taking care not to break them.
- Now, bring to a boil.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with phulkas or rotis or plain parathas.