How To Make Gajar Matar Sabzi?
GAJAR MATAR SABZI- CARROT AND PEAS CURRY RECIPE THAT WORKS WELL WITH ROTIS.
Gajar Matar sabzi or carrot peas sabzi is a simple every day curry that can be whipped up in no time. This gajar matar sabzi calls for minimal spices and packs a punch in terms of flavors. Needless to say, carrot and peas are a match made in heaven. I love anything that calls for carrots and peas. And Lil A loves this combination too. The bright orange and green colors attract kids too. Brownie points there, i tell ya.
Back home, this sabzi used to be something that i made frequently during winters when there were those red carrots aplenty in the markets. But after shifting to Singapore, red carrots have become a rarity. So, i just make do with the regular orange carrots available here year round. This gajar matar sabzi uses orange carrots and frozen peas. But in case you find fresh green peas and red carrots, please do not ever pass up the opportunity to make this simple yet amazing curry.
Shall we now check how to make Gajar Matar Sabzi step by step?
Heat oil in a pan. Add carom seeds and cumin seeds. Once they crackle, add finely chopped onions and ginger . Once the onion turns translucent, add all the spice powders and mix well.
Now, add chopped carrots and green peas and mix well. Add salt. Add crushed kasturi methi, salt and ¼ cup of milk. Mix well. Cook till the milk is absorbed and the curry is semi dry. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe For Gajar Matar Sabzi
Gajar Matar Sabzi Recipe- Carrot And Peas Curry Recipe
- Carrots 2 largish peeled and cubed
- Green peas I used frozen 1 c
- Onion 2 small chopped finely
- Ginger 1 teaspoon grated
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Kasturi methi 1 teaspoon crushed
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ajwain carom/ Bishop's weed 1 teaspoon
- Milk ¼ cup
- OIl 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add the cumin seeds and ajwain.
- Once they crackle, add ginger and onions.
- Fry till onions turn translucent.
- Add all spice powders and mix.
- Cook on medium flame for 30 secs.
- Now, add carrots and peas.
- Mix well.
- Add milk along with salt and crushed kasturi methi.
- Mix well.
- Cook till milk is completely absorbed and the gravy is almost semi dry.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.