Fresh garden salad is a medley of assorted vegetables tossed in a light dressing. It takes about 20 mins to put it together and tastes delicious on a hot summer afternoon when you really don’t want to eat piping hot sambar and rice. The dressing that goes into it is light and tangy, making it perfect for a salad lunch kind of day. My mom and i are incredible fans of the Garden salad that they serve in Pizza Hut. I know it is weird to love a salad in Pizza Hut but the raw veggies fans that we are, we almost always order this whenever its Pizza Hut time. This recipe is a Pizza Hut Copy Cat recipe of sorts. The only change that i have made to their version is toss in some croutons because i believed that the salad needed more body and well, i needed some buttery carbs. So the croutons went in. In an effort to make justice to our love for the Fresh Garden Salad, here s the recipe! Sharing this at Swathi’s Hearth And Soul Blog Hop
Recipe For Fresh Garden Salad
Fresh Garden Salad Recipe
- Bell Peppers I used red, green and yellow ½ c cut into juliennes
- Carrot ¼ c cut into juliennes
- Cabbage ¼ c shredded thinly
- Tomato 1 small sliced thinly
- Croutons ¼ c
- For The Dressing
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Place all veggies and croutons in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine all olive oil, salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice.
- Whisk well.
- Now pour the dressing over the veggies and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
2. You may also add a thinly sliced red onion into your salad if you like. The onion gives a nice sweet crunch.*
3. You can also make this salad ahead of time. In that case, dont add croutons while you mix the salad. Add them just before serving and mix well,
4. This salad tastes great when served cold too.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.