TOMATO GARLIC CHUTNEY FOR IDLI AND DOSA
HOW TO MAKE TOMATO GARLIC CHUTNEY- A SIMPLE BUT DELICIOUS CHUTNEY
Tomato garlic chutney is my favorite chutney ever. I do not enjoy eating garlic as is. But i like them in my soups and chutney. I learned this chutney from my mom’s tenant many years ago. This chutney tastes best when made with sesame oil and naatu thakkali aka country tomatoes.
The country tomatoes lend a unique tartness to this that rounds off the pungence of the garlic in this tomato garlic chutney. And the sesame oil gives this chutney an earthy flavor. All in all, this is heaven when eaten with piping hot idli or crisp dosa.
Shall we now check how to make Tomato Garlic Chutney stepwise?
Heat a pan with oil. Add dry red chilies and garlic. Fry till garlic begins to brown. Once done, add chopped tomatoes along with salt. Fry this until mushy. Let cool. Grind to a smooth paste. Heat a pan with sesame oil. Pop the mustard seeds and add urad dal. Once dal browns, add curry leaves. Now pour this over the chutney. Mix well.
Recipe For Tomato Garlic Chutney
Tomato Garlic Chutney Recipe For Idli Dosa
- Tomato 3 chopped finely
- Garlic cloves 15
- Dry red chilies 3 -4
- Sesame oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a few
- Heat a pan with a tablespoon of oil.
- Add dry red chili and garlic cloves.
- Fry till garlic begins to brown.
- Now, add tomatoes and salt.
- Cook till tomatoes become mushy.
- Let cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat a small pan with remaining oil.
- Pop the mustard seeds.
- Add urad dal and once it begins to brown, add curry leaves.
- Pour this over the chutney.
- Mix well.
- Serve with idli or dosa.