How To Make Vengaya Chutney?
Recipe For Vengaya Chutney
Vengaya Chutney Recipe For Idli And Dosa
- Shallots 1 cup peeled and chopped roughly
- Dry red chilies 5 to 6
- Tamarind the size of a big marble soaked in warm water for 10 mins
- Salt to taste
- Sesame oil 2 tbsp
- Tempering :
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Hing a large pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Grind the shallots, tamarind, chilies and salt to a fine paste without adding any water.
- Heat a kadai with oil and add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds crackle, add the hing, curry leaves and the ground paste.
- Now, let the paste simmer till the raw smell of shallots disappears and the oil separates from the mixture.
- Takes about 10 to 12 mins on medium flame. You will know its done when the mixture leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add about a teaspoon of sesame oil to the chutney just before serving and serve with Idlies or dosas.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.