If its just me for breakfast at home, i always turn to a smoothie. Its easy, quick and filling all at the same time, guilt free. I sometimes make a smoothie to supplement a light breakfast. Its usually when i make a sandwich or some kanda batata poha. I made a sandwich a few days back and made this smoothie along with that. This is a milk free smoothie but its filling because of the fruit involved. It can be made ahead and chilled to be enjoyed as a drink any time of the day.
Recipe For Vegan Carrot Apple Smoothie
Carrot Apple Smoothie
- 1 c peeled and chopped apples
- 1 c peeled and chopped carrots
- ¼ c chopped celery sticks
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ⅔ c water
- Put apples, carrot and celery along with cinnamon powder, ground ginger and maple syrup or honey in a blender.
- Pulse this for a few times to break down the pieces.
- Now, add the water and blend to a smooth puree.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- This smoothie tends to separate while sitting in the fridge.
- Mix well before serving.
You can also add a cucumber to this smoothie to make it more refreshing.