HOW TO MAKE INSTANT RAGI DOSA?
Instant Ragi Dosa is a quick Dosa made with finger millet flour.
My mother grew up eating a lot of Ragi. It s traditional to eat ragi mudde and piping hot avarekaalu saaru in Karnataka. And my mom had this fortune. But when they migrated to Tamil Nadu, the tradition was lost. Even to this day, my mom fondly recollects those days when she used to eat ragi mudde drizzled with ghee generously. And she insists on adding pearl millet and other millet to our everyday diet once in a while. Millets are a fabulous option for people who are diabetic or allergic to gluten.
Like most Instant dosa recipes, these Instant Ragi Dosas need some gluten to hold them together. I have used all purpose flour in this recipe. But you can use whole wheat flour in its place too.
These Instant millet dosas are a brilliant way to incorporate millet into our diets. Millet, apart from being rich in iron are also good in terms of fiber and B complex vitamins. For those of you who are not health freaks, this dosa is an easy to put together breakfast option and can be had as it is.
Instant Ragi Dosa
- Finger millet flour 1 c
- All purpose flour ½ c
- Rice flour ½ c
- Sour butter milk 4 to 5 c
- Green chilies 10 to 12 chopped finely
- Coriander leaves ¼ c chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- To Temper
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Hing ¼ tsp
- Oil for cooking the dosas
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the flours and whisk thoroughly.
- Add butter milk to the mixture and mix well until there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Your batter must be runny. It must flow freely when you lift and pour a ladle. Depending on the consistency, you may need more or less of the quantity of the buttermilk mentioned.
- Add salt, green chilies and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Rest the batter for 20 mins.
- After that, heat a pan with oil.
- Pop the mustard seeds and crackle the cumin seeds.Now add hing and transfer this to the batter.
- Heat a tawa.
- Now, pour a ladle of the batter starting from the outer edge and go on to fill the center.
- Drizzle oil around the edges of the dosa.
- Cook on low flame until the sides crisp up.
- Flip over and cook the other side too.
- Serve hot with roasted garlic coconut chutney
Cook the dosa on low flame as it tends to burn easily and quickly.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.