How To Make Seppankizhangu Mor Kuzhambu?
SEPPANKIZHANGU MOR KUZhAMBU- AN AUTHENTIC KUZHAMBU WITH SOUR BUTTERMILK AND ARBI OR SEPPANKIZHANGU.
Seppankizhangu Mor Kuzhambu is a delicious authentic South Indian kuzhambu. Mor kuzhambu is nothing but a stew made with sour buttermilk. When you have leftover curd or yogurt that is not fresh, it either gets added to aviyal or becomes some more kuzhambu. Now, a mor kuzhambu can be equated to the north indian Kadhi in the sense that both use sour curd. My favorite vegetable to use in more kuzhambu is arbi or taro root or seppankizhangu. What do I do when I m not in the mood for roasting and sauteeing or spending more than an hour in the kitchen? I make this kuzhambu. Me thinks its the simplest recipe ever for a kuzhambu. Only you will have to remember soaking the dal.
Seppankizhangu Mor Kuzhambu
- Sour curd whisked into buttermilk 2 and ½ cups
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Colocassia 7 to 10 pieces pressure cooked and peeled.
- Tamarind extract from a small marble size tamarind ball or ¼ cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- For Grinding:
- Coconut grated 3 tbsp
- Toor dal 2 tablespoon soaked in water for an hour
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Ginger 1" bit
- Green chilies 5
- For Tempering:
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
- Hing ¼ tsp
- Coconut oil 1 tbsp
- Grind together all the ingredients under For Grinding and a lil water into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai. Add oil and saute the colocassia for about 3 mins.
- Now add tamarind extract and let it simmer for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add the ground paste and combine gently. If you keep prodding, then the colocassia will break. So do it gently. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Now, add the buttermilk, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Let it simmer on low flame till it comes to bubbling frothy boil.
- Now, remove from fire.
- Temper with mustard seeds, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds and hing in coconut oil.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.