- For the rasam:
- Tamarind extract from a lime size ball of tamarind 1 cup
- Tomato 1 medium
- Rasam powder 1 and ½ tsp see recipe here
- Salt to taste
- For The Spice Paste:
- Fenugreek seeds ¾ tsp
- Toor dal 2 tsp
- Ghee 1 tsp
- For The Tempering :
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Hing a large pinch
- Curry leaves a sprig
- For The Garnish:
- Cilantro chopped finely 2 tbsp
- In a kadai, saute the fenugreek seeds and toor dal in 1 teaspoon ghee until aromatic. Let it cool and grind to a coarse powder.
- In the same kadai used to saute the dal, add the tamarind extract, rasam powder and salt.
- Mash the tomato and add to this mixture.
- Let it simmer till the raw smell of the tamarind goes.
- Now, add the fenugreek dal powder and simmer till the surface of the rasam becomes frothy.
- Temper with curry leaves, mustard seeds and hing in ghee.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice and arbi fry or baby potato fry
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.