How To Make Raw Mango Sweet Pachadi For Tamil New Year?
Note: This post was originally published in August 2011. This is an updated version that includes video.
Raw Mango Sweet Pachadi is a sweet and spicy relish made with the season’s first green mangoes. Vegan. New Year Recipes
Raw Mango For Pachadi
Spice Powders In This Recipe
Ugadi Pachadi vs Raw mango Pachadi
Dried Neem Flowers:
If you are looking for more raw mango recipes, then do check out our
Recipe For Raw Mango Sweet Pachadi
Raw Mango Sweet Pachadi Recipe
- 3 tablespoon Powdered Jaggery
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 10 Curry leaves chopped finely
- 3 green chili finely chopped
- 1 c Peeled and cubed Raw mango Approx 150g
- 1 c water
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoon dried neem flowers
- Combine Jaggery and water in a pan. Cook till jaggery is melted. This is our Jaggery syrup.
- Heat oil in a pan. Pop the mustard seeds, add the green chili and curry leaves. Saute for 20 to 30 secs. Add in the raw mangoes.
- Now, add the water, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Mix well. Cook till mango becomes fork tender.
- Add the jaggery syrup next. Simmer on medium flame till jaggery thickens.
- Once done, add the dried neem flower, mix well.
- Our raw mango pachadi is now ready to be served.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.