- Red pumpkin ¼ kg cut into cubes
- Potato 1 large peeled and cubes
- Tomato 1 chopped finely
- Cloves 2
- Cinnamon ½"
- Bay leaf 1
- Cardamom 1
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd 2 tbsp
- Oil or ghee 2 to 3 tbsp
- Spice powders:
- Chili powder 1tsp
- Cumin coriander seeds powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Hing ¼ tsp
- Kalonji or nigella seeds ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
- Cilantro chopped finely 2 tbsp
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat a kadai with oil or ghee. Add mustard seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds,cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves and saute for 30 secs or until mustard splutters.
- Add the curd and saute for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and saute till oil leaves the sides.
- Next, add all the spice powders, combine and saute for 30 secs.
- Now, toss in the potatoes and pumpkins and give it a nice toss to ensure that its mixed well with the curd mixture.
- Cook closed till vegetables are tender and cooked but take care not to make them mushy. Takes about 12 to 15 mins.
- Add salt and sugar once done and combine well.
- Now, garnish with cilantro and squeeze a lemon wedge just before serving
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.