Recipe For Missi Roti
- Chick pea flour or besan 3/4 cup
- Whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped finely 3 tbsp
- Green chili minced 1
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Carom seeds 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp plus some more to cook the rotis
- Water for kneading 1/2 cup plus or minus a few tbsp
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve together both the flours along with the chaat masala, turmeric and salt.
- Now, add the cumin, carom seeds, green chili, coriander leaves and combine well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour 2 tbsp oil.
- Now, add 1/4 cup of water and start kneading.
- Add more water as necessary to knead the dough into a soft pliable and supple dough.
- But make sure you dont add more than 3/4 cup of water. We dont need a sticky mass here.
- Having kneaded the dough, cover with a clean damp kitchen towel and set aside for about 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, knead the dough for a min and then divide it into 12 equal parts.
- Now shape the dough parts into round balls, press them a little, dip them in flour and roll them into small rotis.
- Cook on a tawa applying oil on both sides until brown spots appear.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.