MASHED POTATO CURRY
Often its simple food that wins hearts. Not expansive menus or dishes that cant be pronounced without rolling your tongue in so many million ways. This potato onion curry is testimony to that. While we are not great potato fans at home here, i make this curry just to cheer us up on a cold lousy day or when i really dont have the mood to whip up a huge spread for dinner.
Potatoes for this Mashed Potatoes curry:
Vegan and Gluten Free Mashed Potato curry:
If you are looking for more potato recipes, then check out
Mashed Potato Curry
- 3 large Potatoes 3 large quarteredOnion 1 large chopped finelyGrated ginger 2 tspCurry leaves a sprigRed chili powder ( Paprika powder) 1.5 tspOil 1 tbspMustard seeds 1 tspUrad dal 1 tspHing a small pinch (optional but recommended)Salt to taste.
- ¾ c finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1.5 teaspoon Red chili powder Can be substituted with Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- ⅛ teaspoon Hing called as asafetida
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes until mushy in enough water.
- Once done, drain completely, peel and mash the potatoes and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and pop the mustard.
- Once done, throw in ginger, urad dal, curry leaves and hing.
- When the dal begins to brown slightly, tip in the onion.
- Fry till onion turns transparent.
- Now,add mashed potatoes and salt and mix well.Cook on medium flame for 2 -3 mins.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati or poori
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.