I m out of my lazy phase. And to celebrate that, i made paneer tawa masala, a recipe that i tagged 3 months back but got around to making it only today. Oh the curry was simply brilliant. It was divine to dunk a piece of phulka into the gravy along with a chunk of paneer. This Paneer Tawa Masala is a party recipe that you can indulge in again and again. Something that doesnt involve all the cashews and grinding but flavorsome and filling. This Paneer Tawa Masala is also my entry to Healthy Diet~ Veg Side Dishes by Priya
Recipe For Paneer Tawa Masala
( Learn how to make Paneer Tawa Masala, spicy curry with marinated cottage cheese cubes)
Paneer Tawa Masala Recipe
- Paneer 1.5 cups cubed
- Onion chopped finely 1 large
- Tomato puree 1/2 cup
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Fresh cream 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Green chilies minced 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Shah jeera or caraway seeds 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain or bishop s weed 1/2 tsp
- Kasoori methi or dried fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp crushed
- Spice Powders:
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Punjabi garam masala 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped finely 2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add the chaat masala, kasoori methi, chili powder and the turmeric powder and combine well.
- Add the paneer cubes to the this and mix well ensuring the paneer is coated well with the mixture. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a kadai.
- Add the cumin seeds and ajwain.
- Once they crackle, add the onions and saute till light brown.
- Now, add the garlic paste, green chilies and coriander powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree next and combine well.
- Cook till oil separates from the mixture.
- At this stage, add the cream,caraway seeds, punjabi garam masala and salt and mix well. Saute on medium flame for about 2 mins.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to this mixture and mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
- Now, heat another pan with the remaining oil and shallow fry the paneer cubes till light brown on all sides. Takes about 8 to 10 mins on medium low flame.
- Now, add the gravy to the paneer and combine well.
- If the gravy is thick, dilute with a lil water and cook for about 5 mins until it begins boiling.
- Once it begins boiling, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.