HOW TO MAKE MULTIGRAIN THALIPEET?
MULTIGRAIN THALIPEET- AN UNLEAVENED BREAD MADE WITH A MIX OF FLOURS. VEGAN.
Multigrain Thalipeet was introduced to me by a dear friend, S. S and i met and became friends at our kids’ schools. While S uses a flour that was customised and ground, i use flours available with me to make this multigrain thalipeet.
This healthy, rustic and tasty dish can be served as breakfast and dinner. The leftover dough can be refrigerated and reused to make multigrain dosa by making some small alterations. The possibilities are endless. I have used all those flours that i had but you can always add your choice of flours.
We get ground barley flour here. I m not sure if you get them in India. However, you can skip the barley flour and add amaranth flour or even some other millet flour to make multigrain thalipeet.
If you love unleavened flatbreads and are looking for more such ideas, then check out ragi chapati, masala akki rotti
Shall we now check the video on how to make Multigrain Thalipeet?
Recipe For Multigrain Thalipeet
Multigrain Thalipeet Recipe
- Whole wheat flour 4 tbsp
- Oats flour 2 tbsp
- Barley flour 2 tbsp
- Bajra flour 2 tbsp
- Besan 2 tbsp
- Ragi flour 2 tbsp
- Grated garlic 1 tsp
- Onion ½ c finely chopped
- Coriander leaves 2 tablespoon finely chopped
- Water as required
- Oil 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder 1.5 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Oil for cooking
- Combine all flours in a big bowl.
- Add all spice powders, coriander leaves, garlic, onion, sesame seeds and mix into the dough using your hands or a whisk.
- Make a well in the center and Add 2 teaspoon oil to the flour.
- Now add water gradually and mix into a soft dough.
- The dough should be a little looser than regular chapati dough and not too sticky.
- Once done, grease a banana leaf with some oil.
- Grease your palms with a bit of oil and pinch a portion of dough, the size of an orange.
- Place this in the middle of the banana leaf and begin patting it into a thin disc beginning from the center.
- Make three holes in the center.
- It should be about ¼" inch thick.
- Once done, heat a tawa.
- Now, carefully transfer the flattened thalipeet on to the tawa . (Watch video)
- Drizzle oil around the edges and cook on low medium flame till brown spots begin to appear.
- Flip and repeat. Takes about 2 mins to cook one thalipeet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Serve hot with yogurt.
You can skip the onion and garlic and add shredded carrot,cabbage and beetroot for a satwik version.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.
Leave a Reply