HOW TO MAKE CHANNA CHAAT?
Looking for a protein rich salad recipe? Then you must try Channa Chaat.
I always wonder why a snack translates to something deep fried in many homes. Especially in India, a snack almost always means a bajji or a bonda or some vada. If you invite some one home, its almost mandatory to serve one of these. Oh, how can i forget samosas and kachoris? After all, they are quite ubiquitous even in the normal course of life where i live.
- Garbanzo beans 1.5 c soaked overnight
- Onion 1 large chopped finely
- Tomatoes 2 medium chopped finely
- Raw mango 1/2 c diced
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala 1 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Sugar a sprinkle
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp chopped finely
- Pressure cook the soaked garbanzo beans in enough water with salt for 3 whistles until just tender.
- Drain all the water completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, sugar, chaat masala and red chili powder using a hand whisk,
- Now, place the cooked garbanzo, onion, tomatoes and raw mango and toss well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
2. You can also add pomegranate pearls to this recipe to make it richer.
3. In case you plan to serve this as a salad and make it ahead, then dont add the lemon juice in the beginning. Add the lemon juice just before serving.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.