Cauliflower Peas Pulao
- Cauliflower florets 1 cup
- Shelled green peas 1/2 cup
- Onions 1 sliced lengthwise thinly
- Tomatoes 2 chopped very finely
- Basmati rice or any long grained rice 1 cup soaked in water for 10 mins
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 1" bit
- Bay Leaf 1
- Fresh Curd 1 cup whisked well
- Water 1 cup
- Ghee 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- The Spice Paste:
- Shallots or pearl onions 6 to 7 or 1 large onion
- Green chili 1
- Ginger 1/2" piece
- Garlic cloves 2 to 3
- Oil 1 tsp
- Spice Powders:
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro leaves 3 tbsp chopped finely for garnish
- Soak the rice in some water for 10 mins, drain and saute in 1/2 tsp of oil in a kadai. Keep aside.
- Boil water in a large vessel with some salt. Once the water starts bubbling, add the cauliflower and the peas,turn off the stove and keep closed for 10 mins.
- Now, heat the same kadai used to saute the rice and saute the pearl onions and green chili. Let it cool and grind it to a smooth paste along with ginger and garlic without adding any water. Set aside.
- The cauliflower must be done by now. Strain using a colander and keep ready/
- Heat a pressure cooker with some ghee. Add the cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon and saute for 30 secs.
- Now, add the onions and saute till pink.
- Next add the ground spice paste and saute on low flame for about 30 to 40 secs.
- Add the tomatoes next and saute till they are mushy and oil separates.
- Now, add the garam masala and combine well.
- Add the cauliflower and peas and combine.
- Now, mix the curd with 1 cup water and add to the mixture.
- Gently mix and add the rice and salt to this.
- Mix again, close and pressure cook for 1 whistle on low flame or alternatively, cook on stove top until done or cook in an electric rice cooker.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with any raitha.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.
See what the other bloggers are doing on this page: Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#12