HOW TO MAKE CAPSICUM MASALA CURRY?
CAPSICUM MASALA CURRY- A COLORFUL BELL PEPPER GRAVY WITH A SESAME SEED PEANUT GRAVY BASE.
Capsicum masala curry is a marriage of a basic tomato onion based gravy and salan. Now, when i thought about posting mirchi ka salaan on the blog, i decided against it because, well, i m not a fan. Yes. I hate salaan or salan. But this capsicum masala is mid way and floats my boat.
I m usually wary of ordering curries in restaurants. I m of the opinion that they just serve the same onion tomato gravy with different names and vegetables. So, i m always experimenting new ways of making curries for the family. This nutty gravy base has peanuts, coconut and sesame and is also wholesome in terms of nutrients.
I have used all three colors of capsicums for this recipe to make it more colorful. But you can always choose to add any one. Also, i had roasted peanuts on hand and hence skipped the steps. Please roast your peanuts and add them to the gravy.
Capsicum Masala Curry Video- If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. Thank you.
Recipe For Capsicum Masala Curry
Capsicum Masala Curry Recipe
- Capsicum red, green&yellow
- mixed and chopped 1 cup
- Onion 2 medium chopped finely
- Tomatoes 3 medium chopped finely
- Garlic 2 sliced
- Ginger 1 teaspoon chopped
- Sesame seeds 2 teaspoon
- Dry coconut kopra 2 tablespoon
- Roasted peanuts 1.5 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 +1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Water as needed
- Spice Powders-
- Cumin powder ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala ½ teaspoon
- Aamchur powder ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Heat a pan and dry roast desiccated coconut and sesame seeds till seeds begin to pop. Make sure you do this on low flame.
- Also,roast peanuts until crunchy and set aside.
- Now, heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan and fry the capsicum for a min or two. Take care not to over cook.
- Once done, drain and set aside.
- To the same pan, add garlic, ginger and saute for 20 to 30 secs.
- Now, add onion and fry till golden.
- At this stage, add all the spice powders, reduce flame and cook for 1 min.
- Now, add tomatoes along with salt and mix well.
- Cook till tomatoes become mushy.
- Once done, add roasted sesame, coconut and peanuts.
- Let cool.
- Grind to a smooth paste in a blender adding little water if necessary.
- Return the pan to the flame.
- Add remaining oil.
- Now add the ground masala, reduce flame and mix well.
- Cook this paste on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Add the fried capsicums, adjust seasoning.
- Mix well.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 mins.
- Once done, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.