HOW TO MAKE BRINJAL CAPSICUM CURRY?
BRINJAL CAPSICUM CURRY- A QUICK TO MAKE CURRY WITH A DELICIOUS COMBINATION OF BRINJAL AND CAPSICUM
Brinjal capsicum curry is a winner at my house every time i make it. We like it with chapati, rice and sambar or we just mix it with hot rice and ghee. All we need is a papad to complete the meal. What brinjals lack in terms of nutrition, they make up for in taste. Mr.P never liked them before we got married but now he has grown to like some forms of it.
And this Brinjal capsicum curry is one of those forms in which he enjoys eggplants. This is a quick curry that can be made in 15 mins. Make sure you use tender purple eggplants for this. To make the brinjal capsicum curry more colorful, add red and yellow peppers instead of the green ones.
Here is the video for Brinjal Capsicum Curry Recipe:
If you liked and enjoyed the video, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Recipe For Brinjal Capsicum Curry
Brinjal Capsicum Curry Recipe
- Purple brinjals eggplants 10 stalks removed and quartered
- Capsicum 1 medium chopped into bite size pieces
- Onion 1 largish sliced thinly
- Thick tamarind extract 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves a few
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tsp
- Hing asafoetida a small pinch
- Coriander leaves 1 tbsp chopped finely
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and once they pop, add the urad dal and cumin seeds.
- Add hing and curry leaves next.
- Now, add onions and fry till translucent.
- Once done, add the turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add red chili powder, mix and add the coriander powder next.
- Mix well.
- Add the capsicums next and fry for a min.
- Now, add the brinjals, mix well.
- Add tamarind paste and cook for a min.
- Add salt.
- Mix again.
- Cook covered on medium flame for 4 to 5 mins.
- Once done, open and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.