How To Make Aval Ladoo ?
AVAL LADOO- AKA POHA LADOO. EASY SWEET USING FLATTENED RICE. GOKULASHTAMI RECIPES. GF.
Aval ladoo is an easy sweet that you can make in less than 2o mins and with just five ingredients for this krishnashtami. Aval is Lord Krishna’s favorite food. It always amazes me when i think of the fact that Gods always seem to like humble things. Lord Ganesh is fond of arigam pul ( grass). Lord Muruga’s favorite prasadam is the Panchamirtham which is a mixture of simple things like bananas, jaggery and honey. It doesn’t even require cooking. And Lord Krishna is fond of aval among other things like butter and milk.
This Aval ladoo comes to the rescue especially when you are short of time but you really want to make something for your little Krishna. My Little Krishna ( Lil A), or as my FIL calls, Little Krishni is not a sweet toothed person. She loves her muruku and mixture but not ladoo and the like. But when i made this aval ladoo yesterday, i gave her the mixture without shaping into ladoos and she seemed quite pleased with it. So, i must say, one battle won.
You can also make this aval ladoo with brown rice poha or red rice poha. Just make sure you clean the poha thoroughly using a winnow ( muram) or by gently shaking it and sorting on a wide plate. Similarly, you can use other sweeteners like jaggery or coconut sugar for a healthier alternative. I like to keep some authentic recipes the classic style and hence i did not think much about healthier alternatives for once .
Step By Step Instructions To Make Aval Ladoo
Dry roast aval in a wide pan on medium heat until slightly golden and crunchy. You know its done when you can see the aval begin to slightly curl up. Once done, let cool.
While the aval cools, add 1 tablespoon ghee to the same pan and roast broken cashews until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
Now, place the sugar along with the cardamom in a blender and grind to a smooth powder.
Transfer this to a large mixing bowl. In the same blender, place the roasted aval and grind to a powder. You can grind it too smoothly if you want it that way. I left it a little coarse because i wanted some texture.
Now add this to the powdered sugar along with the roasted cashews and mix well using a wooden spatula.
Heat the remaining ghee in the same pan until completely melted. Pour the melted ghee to the aval mixture and mix well using a wooden spatula. The mixture must resemble a crumbly mass of dough at this stage.
Once done, let the mixture cool down enough for you to handle. Once the mixture has cooled, shape into ladoos and enjoy. Please make sure that the mixture is warm to the touch and not completely cold. If the mixture is completely cold, you may not be able to shape ladoos
Your aval ladoo is ready.
Recipe For Aval Ladoo Or Poha Ladoo
Aval Ladoo Recipe
- Aval/ Poha 1.5 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Cardamom 3 to 4
- Cashews 2 tablespoon broken
- Ghee 3 tablespoon plus 1 tbsp
- Dry roast the aval in a wide pan until slightly brown .
- Transfer to a plate and Let cool.
- In the meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon ghee in the same pan and fry the cashews till golden.
- Drain and set aside.
- Now, place the sugar along with the cardamom in a blender and grind to a smooth powder.
- Add this to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the cooled aval in the same blender and grind to a smooth powder.
- Add this to the powdered sugar and mix well using a wooden spatula.
- Add roasted cashews to this and mix well such that the cashews are evenly spread out into the mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoon ghee until completely melted in the same pan that you fried the cashews in.
- Add the melted ghee to the aval sugar mixture and mix using the wooden spatula till the mixture resembles a crumbly dough.
- Let the mixture cool enough for you to handle.
- Make sure the mixture is warm and not completely cold. Or you may not be able to shape ladoos.
- Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, shape the mixture into ladoos.
- Aval ladoo is ready.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.