Turmeric Basil Fried Rice
A quick and simple fried rice with just 5 ingredients. GF. Soy free.
- 1.25 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1.5 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 15 leaves fresh Thai basil
- 1.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2.5 c Cooked jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon Salt Skip this if you have added salt while cooking rice.
- 10 leaves fresh Thai basil
- 3 tablespoon Salted peanuts
Heat a heavy bottomed pan with the sesame oil.
When the oil is hot, add the garlic and basil leaves.
Stir and fry till garlic begins to brown.
Lower flame, add turmeric and give a mix.
Now, add the cooked rice and salt.
Mix well , making sure the rice is mixed well.
Garnish with more Thai basil leaves.
Top with roasted peanuts and serve hot with any curry of your choice.
Pin this recipe and save for later