Coffee Banana Smoothie
Breakfast smoothie with coffee and banana- just what you need to wake up to. This breakfast coffee banana smoothie is vegan and gluten free.
- 1 tsp Instant coffee powder
- ½ c Hot water
- ½ c Millet flakes
- 4 pitted Dates Any soft variety will work
- 2 largish Ripe bananas
- 2 c Chilled Oat milk or any nut milk of choice
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tsp Cocoa
- 1 tbsp Cacao nibs
Prepping the millet flakes
Add the coffee and hot water to a bowl.
Mix well until dissolved.
Now, add millet flakes and mix well.
Add the pitted dates to this mixture.
Cover and let it sit for 5 mins.
Blending the smoothie
Add the bananas, milk, maple syrup, cocoa powder and the soaked millet flakes coffee mixture to a blender.
Let it blend till smooth and well blended.
Pour into glasses.
Top with cacao nibs and enjoy.
- You can use any millet flakes for this recipe.
- I have used oat milk to make this smoothie but you can use any nut milk or coconut milk too. Personally, I love this smoothie with oat milk or almond milk.
- This smoothie tastes great hot, cold or at room temperature.
Pin this recipe and save for later